Job TitleAnalyst: NTWP X1
Salary PackageR697 000.00 to R738 000.00
To perform technical review and assessments of nuclear activities regulated by the NNR in the areas of radiation safety for workers, radioactive waste management, transport safety, environmental and public safety assessments to ensure safety and reliable design and operation.
- NQF Level 8 in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience
Duties and Responsibilities
- Based on in-depth and expert comprehension of established legal, regulatory and organisational documents, processes and guides required for assessment and review of technical submissions, conduct assessments as assigned, working independently and as a specialist contributor to complex assessments
- Perform as a recognised analyst in assessments
- Participate in national and international forums
- Represent organisation in meeting with external stakeholders of higher delegation
- Create input into the development of regulatory standards, practices and guides
- Participate in other NNR work outside departmental as required e.g. emergency exercise etc
- Mentoring of staff members
Skills and Competencies
- Proven leadership skills
- Capability to participate in negotiations
- Identifies problems and recommends solutions that are fit for purpose
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of particular field of specialisation to the completion of complex or difficult assignments.
- Has a broad understanding of different technical disciplines and their interfaces with regards to nuclear safety
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.